This is one of the most fabulous, easy, and delicious desserts I’ve ever created. I know that may sound like a pretty bold statement, but just wait until you try this unassumingly wonderful marshmallow treat.
It combines my most favorite dessert ingredient, marshmallows, with rich, thick Biscoff spread. You’ve probably tried Biscoff cookies before and had no idea you were eating them. These sweet little cookies are served on many Delta Airlines flights and come in a small red package. Ring a bell? If not, it’s okay, you’re about to make this yummy treat!
Whether you have never tasted these cookies before, or even if they are your absolute favorite, you must branch out and try the spread version. It is unbelievably creamy, like peanut butter, but sweetened to perfection with a warm molasses-gingerbread flavor. When combined with the crisp Honeycomb cereal, gooey marshmallows, and brown butter, this little dessert becomes something much more than your standard Rice Krispy Treat.
Recipe adapted from here.
What You’ll Need:
- 6 cups Honeycomb cereal
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- ¾ bag of jumbo marshmallows
- ½ cup Biscoff spread
Now it’s Your Turn:
- Brown the butter in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and a pinch of salt. Stir until the marshmallows are smooth and creamy.
- Add Biscoff spread to the marshmallow mix and stir to incorporate.
- In a large bowl combine the Honeycomb cereal and marshmallow goo. Mix quickly and allow the mixture to cool slightly before forming round mounds.
- Serving options: form round mounds or pour into a pan and cut into bars (similar to regular Rice Krispy Treats).
Now, try these little Biscoff bites and tell me they are not your new favorite crispy treat! Simple to make, quick to assemble, and exquisitely tasty- I don’t think there’s a way to eat just one.
Get up, go buy some Biscoff spread, and try not to eat it all before making these brown butter & Biscoff Honeycomb treats!